BARS MANAGER – NEW CITIZENS // CHOW DOWN
Role: Bars Manager – Full Time
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Chow Down, Temple Arches, Globe Road, LS115QG
Salary: £25K + Bonus
New Citizens are creative specialists focusing on projects within the music, food and drink sectors throughout the UK. With an emphasis on culture and community, the company has produced a number of projects including our most ambitious and evolving venture to date, Chow Down.
Armed with a passion for all things independent, we have worked with an abundance of local, suppliers, traders and creators to regenerate an empty space in a largely unutilised area of the city into a social hub destination, which expands the offering of Leeds hospitality industry to the community.
Since opening in 2020, Chow Down has continued to evolve from strength to strength. We are Leeds biggest open-air food, beverage and entertainment venue playing host to an extensive range of food traders, live entertainment and DJs. We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual, who shares our passion for quality events to join the team ahead of our busy spring/summer season.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overseeing all activity on the bars in the venue. Including day to day management of stock, staff and service.
- To be accountable for all stock within the venue, across all areas of service
- Responsible for all orders including wet stock, consumables and garnish. Working with existing suppliers and continuously in search of new and exciting products.
- To plan, coordinate and develop drinks offering, adjusting for seasonal changes and customer feedback
- When required to, complete all EON trading reports and closing procedures
- Venue contact for relevant suppliers, responsible for all maintenance and upkeep of lines and relevant equipment
- Responsible for initial and continued training of bar staff, ensuring knowledge of product range and the consistency of high-quality products
- Understand and ensure all licensing and legal requirements around the sale of alcohol are met
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene and H&S across all bar areas including BOH
- Personal Licence Holder
- Personable attitude, good initiative and problem-solving skills
- Management experience, ideally in a similar role
- Knowledge and interest in drinks, cocktail knowledge required
- Familiar with excel
- Good H&S knowledge – manual handling, first aid
- Experience with stock ordering & cellar management
- Flexibility, able to work evenings and weekends is essential
If you share our passion for events and think you could bring something exciting to our team, we want to hear from you! Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com